“Think Again” an open-ended reading project7. December 2021
The pandemic remains a human tragedy above all else and has brought many new experiences to people across the world.
Many of the changes to our work lives such as home office and virtual meetings are here to stay, made possible by digital communication.
This have given us at /LD7 the crucial nudge to develop our business further and become resilient in the current environment. Staying humble and avoiding complacency at all terms, this pandemic has taught us how self-reflection and continuous development can guarantee survival in an unpredictable world.
Business transformation and technological change are core elements of our services at /LD7, and for those who are not aware what LD7 means, LD stands for liquid disruption and symbolizes the continuous change required by the employment of technology in our economies, societies, and our lives.
- Technology advances have always influenced the way humanity has evolved. However, what has changed in the recent past is the speed at which new products and services enabled by technology evolutions are created and marketed.
- Today, an individual with a brilliant idea can raise a multimillion-euro business by choosing the right tools to design the target products for delivering a powerful user experience.
- In the past, our main value proposition started by modernizing the status quo of used platforms and IT landscapes to enable organizations to become truly digital. Most companies were lagging behind in terms of know-how and were unable to recognize that new technology not only enables improved business models but also increases overall IT system performance.
- Demand for traditional consulting services has been replaced by a demand for tangible results, where clients can see and feel the positive changes resulting from consultant involvement.
- We now see changes in how our clients benefit from our value proposition - here's the story behind the change.
The consulting business is dead – long live consulting
In a world where information is accessible to almost everyone and knowledge is becoming increasingly democratized, advances in information and experience, which constitute the core value proposition of a consulting business, cannot be commercialized at attractive margins anymore. It is now imperative to also have a strong brand identity to support your expertise, ideas and added value for your clients and partners.
While the pandemic has accelerated the requirement for strong brand identity, it has also led to a dynamic growth in demand for expert knowledge instead of entire consulting projects to address specific issues e.g. developing a tailor-made corporate strategy. Furthermore, the lengthy period of uncertainty has led to longer lead times using up planned business development budgets.
Our response is to create consulting products based on our content that represent consistently effective solutions developed through our collective expertise. Time for the 7D’s!
What can we say about the 7D’s?
We create added value for our clients by easing their path of transformation and take sustainable action to develop new business models. We support this process by offering our expert perspective and helping clients to select appropriate technology, giving them the tools to continuously follow this path independently in the longer term and thus serve humanity.
Our 7D’s support every transformation journey, helping to chart the transformation path and create immediate business impact, regardless of industry.
Digitalization of everything - the bridge to the exponential age
- Harmonize IT and OT platforms for manufacturing
- Amplify data and software to scale manufacturing
- Smart quality management
Dispensation of 3rd space
- Repurpose space for human-centered and innovation-led growth
- Emission-free mobility services to move goods, people and waste
Democratization of financial services
- Create broad financial services in social trading and financing communities
- Favor lifecycle support and fully integrate financial instruments into real economies
Decentralization of energy generation
- Renewable energy generation
- Storage and energy demand management
Decarbonization of economy
- Enable transport, energy and social infrastructures for sustainable and resilient societal progression
Diversity in organizations
- Inclusion and equality in distributed knowledge networks
- Future of work based on continuous/lifelong learning
- Technology employment for facilitation, empowerment and differentiation
- Education to close gaps and provide broad access to technology
If you want to deep-dive into one of these topics, please feel free to contact us.
Ready for starting a discussion about your company’s future operating model? Book a session to find out how we would encompass such a challenge.